Thursday, January 30, 2020

NIcole by OPI. Gone But Not Forgotten

Back in 2011 Nicole by OPI was a going concern. In fact they'd had even some affiliation with a pretty popular tv family, plus some TV show tie-ins.

Somehow it just wasn't meant to be. Gone the way of the Dodo, as I frequently say.

I found that in the nail community people didn't like the bottles.

Sometimes they did a better version of something (Dutch Ya Like OPI next to NOPI Purple Yourself Together as an example) or did some fun stuff with glitter.

This set came out around Christmas 2011 with four glitters. I had them set aside for swatching, but ended up separating them into their color families.

Nicole by OPI Orna-ment For Each Other


Three coats (two would be fine).

No top coat.

This is a texture, but  I honestly can't recall if it was supposed to be textured or not, I really can't recall. 

I love how the gold brings it into the warmer tomato family of reds.


Wore it for about a 4 day span with no tip wear or anything. Nice!!

I think I bunged it over another polish, so you can see that a little around the edges. 


Perhaps considered rare at this time, as it's not inexpensive on eBay. You might find it on a blog sale, though.

Thanks for reading and sticking with my little nail polish journal!

1 comment:

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D