Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Gap Closeth

Sorry for the massive gap in posting. I'm back, more or less.

Thought I'd do a bit of an earthy bend on glitter: Zoya Bar


To be honest - even with three coats - it looks like glitter soaked in gravy on my skin tone.

This is a three coat application of Zoya's Pixie Dust texture glitter. I love texture glitter over texture with the glass balls mixed in, I prefer the "dry" look to the shiny, bubbly look.

I purchased this a while ago through Zoya. They have upped the ante on sales and often you can catch them at $3.75 a bottle. If you like shimmers and texture glitter, few can match their range.


I did want to try it over some other shades, though, to give it a fair shake before I let it go.

Here it is over Sally Hansen Taupe Metal


I blogged Sally Hansen Teflon Tuff Taupe Metal here and I really do like it still. It's a pretty bronze that supports the warm base of Bar and still lets the glitter shine without being too silvery.

Interesting.


Here is Sephora by OPI Thyme for a Mani


Three coats of a soft grayed out taupe shade. I detect no green, at least that's what the name implies, but who cares, dang, this is a polish for the gawds: tight formula, great application, beautiful neutral shade.

I picked up my bottle at Big Lots! when they had a ton of SOPI in their bins. I think you can find this online still. If not you can probably find a near dupe in OPI's lineup. Though I have to admit I don't know what to suggest.

Here it is with Bar over it:


You can certainly see the golden undertones of Bar here.

I would say if you love warm toned nail polish, you should consider this one, it's a pretty play on cool silver glitter and a warm golden beige base.

Thank you for reading my little nail polish journal!

1 comment:

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D