Thursday, December 8, 2016

Layering Surprises

When I layer polishes and discover something completely new, it really makes my day.


The base is a franken I made from a polish called Revlon Snow Bunny (blogged here) that ended up looking like a dupe of China Glaze Blue Island Ice Tea (blogged here)  but less sheer.

A blue that I made from adding some Pacific Blue and a few other things, but ending up a pale glass fleck that was quite pretty.

Here's the result:


This is two coats, but it really covers, so I have a lot love for this little glass fleck bomb.


Then I added about 2 layers of SinfulColors Pinkie Glitter. It's an iridescent small and micro glitter in a bright pink jelly base.

Suddenly my polish was a beautiful blue lavender. What? Hello!

I loved this so much I wore it for 3 days then redid it and wore again for another four. Wow.

Topped it all off with Cover Girl City Lights (akin to Revlon Holographic Pearls) and couldn't stop staring at it for the whole week.


Here's a third iteration showing Different layers:


Left to right:
One coat SC Pinky Glitter
Two coats SC Pinky Glitter
Three coats SC Pinky Glitter
Four coats SC Pinky Glitter
(all topped with CG City Lights)

The thing is that you can see how it goes from blurple to a lavender. This photo doesn't show the change as well, but you can see that two to three coats really seals the deal.


The best part, that isn't imparted in my photos is that the glitter layers and plays hide and seek beneath the holo topper.

Mesmerizing.

Thank you for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D