Thursday, November 3, 2016

Sally Hansen Cyber - Reblogged

I blogged Sally Hansen Cyber years ago here. I wanted to bring it out again and show how lovely it really is by itself. In fact, back in 2014 I did re-photograph it. Found this one in the photo "trove" and finally got it posted.

This is from a discontinued "HD" line that Sally Hansen ran around 2009-2012 (ish) and has some amazing polishes in its line-ups over the years. I have a number and won't disagree: worth finding.

The HD meant High Definition, which is a nod to the technological progress made in media starting in the late nineties. The colors were always marketed as deeply saturated, new, bold, and urban.

Here's Cyber:


It's a purple shimmer with a rich red violet undertone that glows. Three coats, no top coat.

Plus it shifts beautifully with this pink/red undertone:


This is why I really love this polish. I have a lot of purple, but this shimmer is unique, so far, in my collection.

I will add that SH is uniformly slower to dry than most of my other polishes, except for the Insta Dri ones. I accept the weakness in a handful of very beautiful shades that I really find compelling. This is one of them.

Thank you so much for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D