Wednesday, May 26, 2021

A Glitter With Potential

 Morgan Taylor rides just under the crest of the popular wave of polishes.

Older users are loyal to Essie and OPI, many can name a polish by the titles of its initials!

New users like the boutique brands like Ella and Milla and Cirque (yay for Cirque!)

Morgan Taylor is a salon brand that was an offshoot of the Gelish label. They do infrequent launches and in the beginning launched smaller, curated collections. Lately they have been larger, but still, in my opinion, thoughtful. 


Here is a glitter that is from the Midnight Masquerade collection from winter 2015. 



This is a bronze gold glitter in a sheer pumpkin orange jelly. I could not really emulate the bottle color, despite three coats. This has no topcoat and lies pretty flat. I really like this shade, though I really would have liked the copper shade in lieu of the bronze one. I have mixed feelings.

I guess my feelings are moot, as the polish appears to be discontinued.

Here it is over an apricot/orange creme (that I forgot to write down the name!), one coat:



I think the implication is that the base color sells the copper more than the glitter.


This one can be found online at the nail supplies that carry Morgan Taylor as well as eBay. 


Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D