Sunday, January 17, 2021

You're a Hoot

Nail Hoot polish from 2017 that I swatched summer 2020.

Autumn Fire is a translucent jelly with a lovely what are called "micro-flakes" by the indies.

I've browsed around and most images show a gold flakie emerging, but mind seemed more silver. Even though the photo was taken on the phone, it still looked silver to the eye.

Here is my swatch:


This is three solid coats. 

I debate if I should move it into the topper realm. I have a LOT of reds that are jellies and glass fleck, to me this feels more like a glass fleck.

I believe this is a Polish Pickup purchase or I bought it used. I think the concept is pretty available in the indie world, but it's hard to say. I have a lot of older polishes (OPI, Nicole by OPI, etc. that have this finish, so perhaps it's a little more rare)

I think with some poking around you can find something similar. 

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

3 comments:

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D