Thursday, August 23, 2018

Beam Me Up! By Essence

Essence Out of Space Stories was a fun, little, and affordable collection that came out in 2017. I have to admit that it's about the first Essence collection I grabbed, and I don't think all the ones they had on their US site were the same as in store or on their EU site, so go figure.

Though, I am happy with what I found, even if the duochromes are a little unimpressive after comparing them to my old Sally Hansen and the various indie offerings.

Here is a real win, though, Essence Beam Me Up!


Here in the sunshine it's a red leaning pink with a scattered holo that doesn't really flash as strong as I'd hoped, but it's a pretty shimmer that does catch the light enough to give a pretty semi-rainbow effect when conditions are right.


Here it is under lamp and flash:


Much more pink with the blue correcting light of the flash and a daylight corrected lamp. this is a few weeks later when I wore it again.

Two coats and I was good. The brush was a little small and wonky, so that's a bit of a let down.

Since I had such good luck with application, first coat is a great covering coat, I wanted to try stamping with it.

Here it is over white. I am using my Moyou London Plate Arabesque 03. Moyou, by the way, just rocks.


I had some wobble issues, but the plate stamped beautifully. I used a soft jelly stamp, one I found on eBay. These pick up very well, but man, they will "float" if you are not spot on.

As a stamping polish, perfection!!! It pulls so neon over the white! Surprise win!


Essence no longer carries this line in their US or EU site. In fact their EU site seems to have lines that are not carried here in the US. As a side note the the US site has Catrice makeup. Dang! If only they would carry Catrice polish!!!

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D