Friday, August 31, 2018

So Nice, I Wore It Twice

Somehow in my surfing, I picked up Colors By Llarowe Marilyn The Legend in a destash. This is a Polish Pickup 2017 offering and quite a lovely pink packed with loads of holo microflakies (I am not sure what the term for these are, but it's glass fleck sized holo flakies)

This is a beautiful pink, but a little bit of an application issue for me. 

Here it is in May:


This is in sunshine. I love the holos, but they really don't produce holo, but a glassy metallic random reflection now and again.

Three coats - necessary - and my cuticle flooded pinkie shows that the applicator (me) is less than perfect.


Here it is in early August:


This is under my lamp, so it's a little brighter pink. I would say that this is the perfect pink summer polish.

I will say I did have issues with some of the application, but not impossible. I didn't do cleanup, again, so you can see did soup around a bit.

I may move this along. I am not 100% in love with the formula, though I own my application errors, the visible nail line after three coats was frustrating.


I wanted to add that I had a bad break on my pinkie after this and had to cut things down. The weird thing was that my middle finger had a shallow "smile" crack along the middle, so while it didn't go all the way through, it certainly wasn't a healthy looking thing. I am going to pop the polygel on this weekend.

This one you may find around destashes, it's a gorgeous pink, that's for sure!!

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D