Thursday, June 14, 2018

OPI Happy Anniversary

Here's an older photo of OPI Happy Anniversary


Three coats. No top coat. A soft champagne shade of glass fleck monsterhood.

I feel like one coat could work as a topper, too. If you are even more inclined to make this one a topper, then thin it out.

I also believe it would be a nice frankening polish, adding glass fleck to a mix.


Very nice, I am thinking you can still find it. OPI is a weird brand, of late they've churned out fewer and less exciting collections, but even the blandest old bottle can pull a high price. Rare ones can get very expensive!

Meanwhile, I tried to put some OPI I Can Teal You Like Me from their Sheer Tints collection over the top:


This is two coats. I think failure doesn't begin to describe this polish. It just has no color. It's dark, as you can see from the bottle, but it just does not translate. This is only two coats, but in my experience, these can get patchy if you aren't careful with application, so I didn't want to do more.



The Polygel really looks thick here. I remember I always had issues with shaping. And in this wider angle lens, all it took was a tilt of the nails to make them look tapered bottom to top.


It was a love hate relationship, I'll just say that.


Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D