Sunday, June 17, 2018

Playing With Wine Shades

Here are some swatches of burgundy, magenta, merlot type of polishes. It's just crazy how many I have!!!

I'll do three coats, no top coats, all shot with a lamp and flash combo on my phone.

Needing to get things swatched is why I am doing an out of season kind of thing.


Here we go!

Maybelline Wet Shine Jewels & Berries


This is a really pretty polish. Loads of glass fleck giving it that shimmery brilliance. My photo of makes the middle finger look like a blob, but it is a brush stroke.

Aside from that, super easy to use, that typical dense Maybelline vintage formula.


I put it over L'Oreal Breaking Curfew, a deep deep reddened burgundy vamp:




While it added some pretty shimmer, it was full of so much "stuff" that it got a little patchy. It's not pure glass fleck shimmer, there is a healthy dose of fine particle shimmer as well and it's in need of a better thinning to really be a topper, but I admit I love this role!


So, this one I found as through a destash. I love the finish, it's kind of a neutral with some pizzazz.

May be online with some poking around.




Estee Lauder Ultra Violet


This is a deep wine shade with a red-violet glass fleck shimmer. It's gorgeous.

Formula was  a nice surprise!!!

A substantial bottle and a beautiful polish!

I found this on a blog sale, I know it's no longer for sale at the Estee Lauder counter, that's for sure. I was checking for this before our local Macy's closed and they just didn't have it. I lucked out.

Browse around, I am sure if it's not out there, it will pop up!




Color Club Winter Affair


Dipping into the merlot range, this beautiful foil by Color Club just steals the show.

I have to say, it is worth the effort go get this one. Perfect light gathering qualities that work under low light. A winner!

At this writing Color Club's web site flailed on the search, so I recommend a salon supply house or other online venue. I know it's still around, it's really nice. Formula was tight!




Zoya Valerie


Another beautiful foil. Such contrasts within this one! Red, purple and blue work out this color, and a warm amber sometimes pops through. There is a quality that raises the bar on this polish into the realm of "indie" because of the complexities. Wow.

Easy to use, really a two coats, but I did three. Formula here was pretty good. I know my application skills aren't the best, so when it doesn't bleed into my cuticles, I am supremely pleased.

When I swatch a Zoya I like to go to their site and see the description and compare it to my impression, but it seems Valerie has been discontinued!!! Why????

I couldn't find it online, so you may want to look into Zoya Jem, which I may or may not have (don't think I do) as a comparable replacement. It's warmer, but similar.



Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D