Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Prim and Proper

Bye and bye I knew that Zoya would produce a blue that I would love so much.

Prim is just that shade.


Prim is a beautiful metallic "velvet" blue according to Zoya. I call it a dusty cornflower, or muted periwinkle.

Metallic is a tough finish. The particles are super fine, so it can show brushstrokes, which mine definitely does. It also shows flaws, so in a lot of ways it's like a chrome. I think this is why I love foils, because you get the metal, but a highly forgiving finish!

I think it shows my old nail damage too much, so I tossed on a couple coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Watermelon Crystal, a sheer glass fleck.

Prim would be wonderful for stamping, it just covers so well.


Zoya has been kicking up the colors. For me they've replaced OPI as my "go-to" for exciting collections and interesting salon brand finishes.

Their sales - which seem to be at least two big ones a year at this point - bring their price point much lower than most drug store brands, save just a few. I will say that they are worth a look. I buy through the sales and though turnaround is often a product of high volume, I get the loot and life is good.


I will be stamping more, it's just that my nails are a really wonky and weird, so I am just pushing through until things grow out more.


Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty shade! I haven't bought any Zoya in forever.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D