Wednesday, May 16, 2018

OPI Sheer Tint: Don't Violet Me Down

Here's one from the archive. I had a bunch of photos in February that I took shortly before removing the Polygel enhancements. My nails look weird in comparison to now, but I did like the length, if not the process.

Meanwhile, here is Essie Ignite the Night


From a 2013 collection of "encrusted" polishes in the height of the wave of the texture polish trend, Ignite the Night is a delightful warm gray glitter.

I have 3 coats, but two would do. 

I love the shade and it is a small glitter with lots of texture. 

I have no top coat here.


Later I added OPI Don't Violet Me Down:


This is a tint from a 2013 collection that OPI came out with that included about 4 shades. I picked mine up at TJ Maxx, and they are really sheer. This one is the only one with a bit of oomph.

The three coats here did a nice job. I like how it adds to the candy shell. I did play with how it covers:
Left to right:
4 coats
3 coats
2 coats
1 coat

As you can see it's ideal in 3-4 coats. I felt that the tips dragged a bit and didn't get enough color, but that could easily be my application.

I want to play around with these some more, they are very cool.

Both can be found online with ease. OPI still carries the tint collection.


You can see the polygel growout, it was due for a fill. Jury is still out on whether I will take this up again. :)

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D