Tuesday, February 7, 2017

El Corazon...Wow!

I've seen El Corozon on the Makeupalley message board a few times, but it's not a super popular brand there. I understand why there is a lot of news around OPI, SC, etc: they are easily accessible and easier to post/talk about. But El Corazon is totally underrated.

They are based in Russia and ship globally. Their formula and price point are pretty amazing from what I heard and I wanted to try out some of these.

El Corazon Active Bio-gel Kir Royal


May I just say it? WOW!

Two coats of oomph. This could be a stamping polish!

Formula tight and easy to use. Not a self-leveling polish, but wore well and this deep cherry red just slayed.

The bottles are similar to Ciate's and hold a whopping 16mL. Nice!

Love this so much.



El Corazone Active Bio-gel Japanese Silk 923/941


A metallic shimmer for the ages. Beautiful teal green with an easy two coat application. Another candidate for the stamping polish hall of fame (page to come soon!)

Neither of these was hard to work with at all, in fact, I have to admit that I was pretty surprised by the win I found here.

This one is from a newer collection called Japanese Silk, lovely Asian inspired pearly and metallic shimmers. Again, dense enough to be a stamping polish.

The Bio-gel line names collections, but also has a number for the collection, then a number, again, for each polish. With their Kaleidoscope line, actual polish names are used.
Here the collection is 923 with the each color a three digit number - this one 941. Odd, but somewhat refreshing in a world of puns and spin-offs from every popular media franchise in the last two decades.


So, ordering. Here is my experience:
  • Went online, found the English language version (http://en.elcorazon-shop.com/) (No, I'm not affiliated in any way)
    • Their site is full of makeup and stuff, but the left nav bar at the bottom shows the polishes. Scroll down, then keep scrolling. Not the most intuitive site.
  • Created an account 
    • Pretty easy. Emails will be in Cyrillic, but you can hit up Google Translate.
  • Fill up a basket
    • The basket sits there FOREVER. Seriously. Even polishes that are sold out go on a separate tab next to your basket. Kudos on that one.
  • Shipping is $10
    • June and December free shipping! I ordered December 30th or 31st.
  • Takes about 3-4 weeks
  • Everything arrived perfectly packed, zero issue.


Other notes: their prices are a steal at twice the price. With the exception of the stamping multi-chromes, nothing is more than $5 at this writing.

I will be trotting these out over the next few months as each and every one I've worn so far has really just blown me away.

I took a risk and it paid off.

If you are adventurous and want great polish, I really recommend these guys a lot. The quality is far above most salon brands and the prices are at the low bandwidth of drug store brands.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D