Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Six Bold Blues

It's pretty hard to say no to a bright, bold blue.

I've peered into my blue drawer(s) and really knew that I needed to try all the ones that were very bold and very bright blue.

Winners abound, but there are variations on taste, and I won't call any losers. 



Morgan Taylor Making Waves


This is two coats, no top coat. My favorite of the bunch. It's dense and covers so well, but best of all the first coat behaves like a ridge filler and the second coat is just perfection. I didn't have to do any clean up. I need more of this brand, indeed. 

Available online, with a nice brand website that has pretty swatches. Also at J.C. Penny's.

Frankly I like their formula much more than OPI's.

I buy mine through Nailtechsupply: prices are great, service is great. 




Sally Hansen Insta Dri In Prompt Blue


Next favorite is Sally Hansen In Prompt Blue (I don't get this name concept at all. The word is "impromptu")

Three coats, and a little bit of a fight with the Insta Dri brush, which is a bummer. This has a touch more red in it, but not enough to call it purple, but good enough if you like that blurple leaning blue. 
Bold and beautiful, a very good drug store polish. 

Still pretty easy to find online, plus it's still on the Sally Hansen site, so it's still in their stable of polishes. I picked mine up at Walgreens. 



SinfulColors Endless Blue and SinfulShine Most Sinful


Left to right:
SinfulColors Endless Blue
SinfulShine Most Sinful
SinfulColors Endless Blue
SinfulShine Most Sinful

Both are three coats both are still on their website, so both are still available.

I can't really tell the difference in the formulas. I think that there is supposed to be a difference, but I don't see it. 

Endless blue is a decent stamping polish. Most Sinful is a definite three coater. 

I think this is a good pair of polishes: not stingy with color and stands up next to more expensive polishes.

I picked up both at Walgreens. Now that Walgreens and Rite Aid are merging, we'll see what happens. My local Rite Aid does a great job with the nail polish, Walgreens less so.





KBShimmer Low and Be Bold


This is one that came in a special set either last year or the year before through an online sales etailer, but I can't recall any of it. Some help, right? Well, the good news is that KBShimmer has this one still available. Nice!

It's a bit different from the previous three: it's a jelly. So it's a bit deeper. I think it's a beautiful formula and if I wanted to I could put it over a white, pastel blue, or lavender to affect some cool changes to it.

If you missed Rescue Beauty Lounge IKB:2012, or International Klein Blue, you will probably be sated with this polish.

Recommend!




Milani Blue Zoom


This is one I found at the Dollar Tree, as it is in an older, now discontinued, line of bottles.

Milani doesn't carry an equivalent of this color. No worries, as you can see there are ample options.

Plus this one is available on eBay, too. 

This is, like KBShimmer, a jelly, so it needed three coats and it was a little more sheer. 
I like it though, but like other jellies it goes a little darker. 

If you find it in a Dollar Tree, it's a worthy contender. Why you may ask? Like the KBShimmer polish it can be layered over glitter and glass fleck shimmer to yield impressive glowing beauty. Plus online it's about 1/10th to 1/3rd the price of KBShimmer (and good luck with the RBL IKB 2012) so you can have a lot of fun with it!


Hope you enjoyed! I don't have any of these that I don't really like. I think it's a matter of budget, access or taste. 

Thanks for reading my little journal!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D