Sunday, November 27, 2016

Lacy Pink Delicacies

Of course when I saw the Hello Kitty collection from OPI I was pretty excited.

Back in 1974 I lived in Japan with my family and when the first Hello Kitty store opened near where I lived it was more than magical, it was heart stopping. 

Needless to say my collection (much of which I still have) of Hello Kitty and all the cute friends in the Sanrio stable was epic.

As much as I love the Hello Kitty collection, I find the churlish color selection in the OPI line dedicated to her extremely offputing. I went for the few interesting finishes offered.

I did like Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel, but as soon as I saw it it reminded me of an old favorite: Elianto Shimmer Violet


Left to right:
OPI Starry-Eyed For Dear Daniel
Elianto Shimmer Violet
OPI Starry-Eyed For Dear Daniel
Elianto Shimmer Violet

This photo is pulling a bit more blue, but you can see that it's got a similarity more than anything else.

Both are silvery tiny glitter (I hesitate to call it micro) in a rich pink base.

Elianto is lighter and more silvery throughout the glitter. SEFDD has a strong pink glitter as well as a strong silver, so it has more depth and richness. It's like a blend of glass fleck and micro glitter and small glitter.

Of the two, the OPI, for me, is the winner.

I then stamped it with some of the mirror nail polish (blogged here) that I bought from Born Pretty Store. I just wanted to see if it had legs because my mirror manis are much fewer than stamping.


This is a closer approximation of the shade, sorry about the blue photo above.

As a side note: stamping with the Born Pretty mirror is a bit of a challenge, but not truly difficult. The polish is thin and sloppy, but does dry a bit faster than you would think, so you need to swipe it about 2-3 times to get it ready for stamping. You can't clear the plate off with your swipes because you won't have enough in the wells of the design to reallly stamp, you have to leave it what looks like unswiped almost.
Like I said, tricky, but not impossible. I'll do more examples.

You also have a water top coat that comes in the set, so if you want a mirror effect you can layer that over your stamping, then put a top coat.

Meanwhile, I declare a win for OPI's Starry-Eyed For Dear Daniel. A beautiful polish and a wonderful homage to a sweet little kitty.

:D

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D