Sunday, October 16, 2016

More Something With Something Else

The allure of glass fleck shimmers is hard to pass up.

I recently acquired a couple that are unique in there combination of shades.

First up Nars Algonquin


Three coats, no top coat.

This is from the Nars Holiday 2014 collection. It's a rich glass fleck blue in a warm taupe that reveals a pink undertone in some light. I know nothing of the origin of this collection, but years ago when I went to NYC I went to the Algonquin. Mainly because of the early 20th century writers that favored it. I won't lie, it was pretty neat for me.

This polish thrills me. It's got enough oomph to show up really beautifully blue and then it shifts a bit purple and a bit silver, depending on the light.

Still on eBay. Nice!



OPI Next Stop...The Bikini Zone


Three coats, no top coat. A pretty little glass fleck with pops of shine that really grab the light. It is supposedly a duochrome, but really feels more like a pink glass fleck in a taupe/gray shimmer. 

I think it's subtle, but when the sunshine or a bright light hits it, it really is quite a beauty. 

This is from the Brazil collection and pretty easy to find still.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D