Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Lipstick Reds

Here are a pair that I think need an outing:

American Apparel Downtown L.A.


A true red with no apologies. Think bright 1950's red. Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell spritely parlaying double entendres and sexism into a classic film.

Fairly amazing formula and application. Love it. Three coats, no top coat.

American Apparel no longer sells nail polish, so who knows who they got the private label product from. Maybe down the pike they'll go in that direction again.

Perfect neutral red.

I found mine on eBay.



Revlon Love That Red


 This one reminds me of bright red circa the 1950's.  A wee bit deeper, but just as much oomph.

Three coats, no top coat.

Though black and white, this is what I imagine Gilda's dress and lips looked like. Blame it on mame, boys!

Found at Ross or Dollar tree, now maybe somewhere online?


Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D