Saturday, July 30, 2016

Orly Precisely Poppy

NOTE: I've just reswatched this, and have a better photo. This one is not good. Sorry!!!

I found this at TJ Maxx awhile ago and thought it looked pretty neat. When I got home I compared it to online photos and I wonder if I have one with funky labeling.

Orly Precisely Poppy


Three coats, very much a jelly, but the kind I really like: even coverage.

This is definitely has many possibilities as a layering polish over many cool things: flakies, glitter, glass fleck, well, the list is long.

This is a subdued tangerine that pulls gently into the realm of coral here and there, but I can't say that it's really coral as much as just orange.

You can see just by my pinkie finger a little bit of a pale settled cloudy layer. I imagine with some better shaking, I can get some more density, but who knows, who cares It's a lovely shade.

Readily available online, but not at Orly's site. This must be fairly newish, as it has the new font and new bottle cap color.

Formula was very nice. Not too loose or too stiff, not difficult at all. I like Orly as a rule, I think it's definitely underwhelming me with their collections, but this whole "earth/nude" thing is a thing and Orly rides the trend wave pretty hard. They don't have the super hype, but they catch a lot of cool ideas and put them out there. I like that a lot.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D