Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Zoya's Two Letter Lovely

Wanted to blog Zoya Ki forEVER, but never seemed to get around to it. 

Since it is sitting next to OPI Not Like The Movies in my duo chrome drawer I thought they might be dupes. Nope.


Left to right:
OPI Not Like The Movies
Zoya Ki
OPI Not Like The Movies
Zoya Ki

Three coats each.  No top coat. Shifting from a pretty olive into a gorgeous purple, Ki is the clear winner.

Ki just owns it. The OPI is just weak in comparison. Unlike OPI, Zoya doesn't have a glitter so it doesn't have to be sheer. Still, I think this is a frustrating polish by comparison to Zoya. 

I decided to "make lemonade" and use OPI NLTM as a layering polish:



This works! 

Though Ki stands on its own two feet and even props up NLTM, the soft glitter is very pretty and the shift comes through more strongly on NLTM.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

2 comments:

  1. That is nuts that the OPI looks like that after 3 coats! I guess it was intended as some kind of layering/topper...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the weird thing, none of the other bloggers who blogged it when it was originally out seemed to say that. I don't know, weird.
      It's pretty sheer by comparison!

      Delete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D