Thursday, January 21, 2016

Golden Pair

Well, I've been trying to tap into my collex for stamping polishes. My goal is to work up a list of polishes that stamp.

Here's a pair that I wanted to whip out and see what's what.

OPI Golden Rules and Color Club Golden Girl


Left to right:
OPI Golden Rules
Color Club Golden Girl
OPI Golden Rules
Color Club Golden Girl

All three coats and no top coat. Both are pretty metallic shimmers, Golden Rules is a little more subdued, but they are pretty close in real life. Both have been blogged (here and here).

I think they are lovely.

Here's the pair swatched over Color Club After Hours.


Left to right:
OPI Golden Rules
OPI Golden Rules
CC Golden Girl
CC Golden Girl

On the nail they are virtually identical. Only Golden Girl has a bit of sparkle to it and that is almost invisible.

Meanwhile, I love how this looks like pewter on gold. Reminds me of something from the ancient world. Like Roman armor.

Both can be found online with pretty good ease, the OPI especially.

Thank you for reading my little nail polish journal!

2 comments:

  1. What a good idea, listing polishes that stamp well. I kinda don't wanna buy true stamping polishes when I don't stamp much(lazy!!).

    I like the gold on platinum and the stamping, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way, especially since I have so many, I just want to experiment more!

      Delete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D