Friday, October 16, 2015

City Lights

I have a love hate relationship with LDL 431.


It is a sheer shimmer from the LDL/Elle Elle sets back in 2009/10.

The color is glorious! It's a camellia red, but with undertones of pinks. It's very bright and robust, and I don't have anything like it.

It does seem to be too sheer at times to build, but in fact it's pretty nice.
I did blog it here before, but it seems like it was hidden away.


The other polish in the show is Maybelline Pot of Gold. I have blogged it before here and found that it's been kind of a nice neutral gold.

Layered below it warms up LDL 431 and reminds me of Pisarro's The Boulevard Montmartre at Night and the glistening warm windows with people at dinner, drinking, and dancing.

Excuse the sloppiness, I was just wearing this and wanted to grab a photo, came out a bit better than I thought it would!

Thank you for reading my little nail polish journal!

2 comments:

  1. I guess I see a lot of orange, which I am pretty anti-orange...but this is more than that, the combination makes for interesting texture, and I do like it in the end...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I appreciate it!
      It is very much influenced by the gold glitter, too.
      ;D

      Delete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D