Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Creative Nail Design NFS

I think that there is really nothing like it.

Oh yes, there are certainly blackened teals, Orly Chateau, Zoya Cynthia, to name two come to mind, but  this one has a shimmer, which, though hard to see, is beautiful.

I put it together with Lurudana Flocado Arco Iris.


I chose this one because when you do enlarge it you can see the shimmer.

I will be honest, I am a bit biased with this one. 

It's three coats here, with two coats of Arco Iris.

Here's the deal: the chemistry did not jibe at all. It would not dry. Period. 
I don't know if it was just the three free versus three unfree (heck I don't know what to call it anymore!), or what, but it was not having it at all.

Much beauty in this lovely flakie. It has a more sparse formula than what I am used to, so it is a bit frustrating that I needed two coats. I will try this again on another polish, hopefully it works out. This was a polish I worked pretty hard to get, this was before international resellers were a dime a dozen.

The jury is out on Ludurana.


Back to CND NFS. 

What does NFS mean? Anyone know the lore behind the name? 

I decided that this polish would just look freaking black no matter how I shot it. So, I decanted some white onto a little piece of silicone from a finger protector (you can get them online, they are for offices and people who turn pages). Then I mixed white and NFS and got the following:


You can see the shimmer in the bottle, love it!  Better still you can see the shimmer in the frankened version. I love the rich teal. Gorgeous.

I have too many backups of this one, sigh, but it's a favorite!

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

2 comments:

  1. That bit white made for a great Franken. I always find it interesting when polishes don't get along chemically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, and it's really funny that they don't seem to mesh but I haven't been able to really figure out why.

      Delete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D