Friday, August 7, 2015

Where I Eat My Hat Regarding Morgan Taylor - Part 2

Thanks for coming back for Part 2 of my Morgan Taylor swatchathon and crow eating contest!

Here are some more of the Morgan Taylors that I was offered for swatching.

Here is a link to part 1.



Morgan Taylor Invitation Only


Did you miss out on Illamasqua Jo'mina? If so, I've got good news. This baby is a dupe, or as close as you can get to a dupe. Good two coater, but I did three, and just a dolly.

Love. Love. Love. So fresh and bright.

My photos pull a bit more blue, and as much as I wrestle with color correcting purples, this is fairly similar, but it's not quite as blue.

Here is a comparison:


I love Jo'mina a lot. It's a great color. This holds its own. Nicely done!

Here's a comparison with Essie Sittin' Pretty

Left to right:
Morgan Taylor Invitation Only
Illamasqua Jo'mina
Essie Sittin' Pretty

MT and Illa three coats, Essie is 4 coats.





Morgan Taylor Bright Eyes


This is fast becoming the "favorites" post as this polish just kills it on so many levels: very nearly a one coater - though I did two - formula just dries fast, glossy and it is easy to use. May I add that this shade of peacock blue is so universally flattering that it's hard to beat.

Not too dark it never goes black, but it has that rich jewel tone intensity that I like a lot. This is my favorite of the entire bunch.




Morgan Taylor Fame Game


Fame Game is a small holo glitter that is dense enough to cover well in one coat. I've got it over Bright Eyes and it is easy to see that it's loaded with holo goodness. You will get scattered sparkle.

It's got some texture, but normal glitter texture. I didn't put a top coat over it, so on my index finger you can see the texture somewhat.


Well there you have it. I've swallowing the last morsel of my chapeau and so happy to have these babies in my collection, particularly Bright Eyes and Invitation Only (backup of Jo'mina is always a win).

Thank you Morgan Taylor for sending me these to review, it was very unexpected and I enjoyed it a lot.

Morgan Taylor can be found at J.C. Penny and Loxabeauty as well as Amazon and eBay. I will probably peruse my regional J.C. Penny as well as eBay for more of these. Nice!

Thank you for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D