Monday, March 23, 2015

When Formulas Collide

It's kind of frustrating when a polish behaves poorly.


Here's L.A. Girl Glitter Addict Nostalgia over white:



Ugly, huh?

Not to get into any kind of manifesto mode, I do want to say that for my own purposes it's important to try to publish the good with the bad, and at times I ignore the bad.


This was an amazing glitter color: pastel emerald green. But lo and behold, when I put it over my old Borghese White (which has been quite a stand-by as a base with no problems) it melted the white and slid off my nails. And I mean slid.

This photo is my third try with one coat of white.

Teeth gnashing at this formula.

Worse, the glitter is very sparse.

I tried then to sponge it onto my nails again.



This is under a very bright lamp, and there are more glitters, but I found it, as you can see, very hard to control. Melting still tried to happen, but I had to put my nails under the fluorescent bulb to try to heat them up to dry, but you can see white meshed with the glitters.

Super UGH. And pretty fug. I mean, hey, if you've followed me for any length of time you know I started out posting some awfully optimistic manis. Part of my delusion was that I just liked to post and enjoyed sharing the manicures.
I am trying to do like Walt Disney did: put the critic in a dark room away from the creative, but this was just gnashing of teeth by the critic and the creative didn't really find much thrill in this.

Eep.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D