Thursday, March 26, 2015

Dreams of Creme de Menthe

I kind of love the sense of humor of Pretty Serious cosmetics.
They have a little trio of dupes they call "Naileontology" which rhymes with paleontology.
It is an homage to all dusty hunters everywhere who often find - randomly - old polishes in salons on eBay and (in my case) eCrater, etc.
I love that nod to collectors. Add the humorous graphics on their web site and it feels like a win.

When these were released there was a sale to promote them and the best part for me is that she ships to the US from Australia!!

Needless to say, I snapped up the collection, which I certainly hope gets larger. I love the idea of duping these rare polishes. (Or trying to dupe at least)

In the past I've blogged the-closest-thing-I'll-get-to-OPI-Creme-de-Menthe here.

Here is Pretty Serious Dragon's Curse



Three coats, nice formula, easy to work with.

Reads very jade green versus mint.


Now, mosey over to Steph's Closet blog and compare, mainly because I can not whip out a dupe out of my stash. I feel that my photos show more green, also, this doesn't imply much blue the way many CdM swatches online seem to do. 


I don't know if it is 100% dupe, but it sure is beautiful.
I tried to remove the green tint due to my lighting, but I never hit the identical shade of green.

Meanwhile, I'm perfectly happy that I have it, but I still wonder if CdM is the one that got away.


Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D