Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Orly's Pixie Powder

Orly came out with a Surreal collection back in the fall of 2013. It's quite sweet, but very spring-like.
It did not appeal to me very much, although I am not sure why. I love the Surrealist movement in art. I love how easy it was to mainstream into kitsch as well as asked its audience challenging interpretative questions. Never mind that it launched into the household-name stratosphere Dali, Magritte, Miro' and - finally rediscovered by the mainstream in 1980's - Frida Kahlo.

So back to the polish.

I found Pixie Powder at TJ Maxx, who seems to carry a lot of nice stuff, by comparison to Ross's dwindling offerings. 

It's a pretty lavender glitter that does have some shift. It's in a soft, pale gray jelly base, that has disadvantages when layering over a lighter color.

Here's a swatch:


Truly a gorgeous polish! Two coats over black, which eats jelly bases for lunch. 


The best part is that the glitter warms into a pretty maroon and then amber. 

Sweet!

Not a super dense glitter, but one which will be easy to use for layering.

Orly bottles are a generous size, certainly bucking the 15 mL norm by a 3mL long chalk.
I love Orly as it is a consistent performer. 

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D