Sunday, August 3, 2014

Giving a Green Another Chance

I'd put Confetti's My Favorite Martian in my blog sale, but then pulled it out when I wanted to try a layering idea.

In fact I rather love the color, but it's sheer. You know the kind of sheer: not sheer enough to be a topper and do much for another polish below, but too sheer to build coverage.

Then I figured, why not see if another polish can modify or prop up My Favorite Martian?


Hmmm! Not bad! Exactly what I always wanted to see with this polish!

The recipe:
Two coats of Sally Hansen Insta Dri Mint Sprint (I have two of these and it's such a workhorse)
Two coats of Confetti My Favorite Martian
Two coats of Pure Ice Heartbreaker

I wanted SH Mind Sprint to bring up both density and cool down the rather yellowish My Favorite Martian.
Pure Ice has this amazing green micro glitter that flashes even more than this photo shows.
Lovely!

Here are the ingredients:



Some general thoughts:
Sally Hansen really is very dense, a strong cool green that dries well so it's nice for layering. Blogged here.
My Favorite Martian is a little slow to dry, but it has a beautiful blue green shimmer that is pretty unique in my collection.
Pure Ice is a classic that is both a unique topper and an affordable one. Worth owning.
There was some noise about discontinuing it, but it still is on offer at Walmartland's website.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D