Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Plentitude of Pale Pinks Pt 1

I've got six pale pinks to share.

The theme here is that some are old, some new-ish, some perfect, some impossible, some obscure, some well known. 


A full range!


The "Old"

Essie Pop Art Pink


Four coats no top coat.

A beautiful crelly that I've had since I got the entire collection back in 2010 when the Essie Art of Spring came out.

I ignored it for so long. I think I tried it once, but disregarded it as "too sheer."

Essie calls it a "sheer chiffon pink." I'd agree. 



This photo is not as close as the first one. but it shows how glossy it is. 

This is still available. I believe this would be a great layering polish, but alone, it's beautiful.

Note that my index finger is almost opaque not suer why this one came out this way, could be that this finger is more smooth. Perhaps a ridge filling base coat would be more of a help. 




The "New-ish"

Essie Pink-A-Boo



So sheer that this is three coats over white, no top coat

This photo shows that it's packed with glass fleck in a pale neutral pink base. The glass fleck shimmer, in the bottle, shifts from pink to purple.

On the nail I wasn't able to capture this.


This is from the Essie Resort Collection from 2012. 

I am not 100% sure that this is a complete win. I have not tried to layer it, so I can't speak to it's possibilities. I feel like there are possibilities. 

It's really pretty in the bottle. 

Oh wait: I'm wearing Sally Hansen Ruby Chrome which is a medium orchid pink. I just put a coat of Pink-A-Boo over it: the base, as I suspected, is a sheer milky one so it will not work over dark colors well, but over medium and light polishes it is very nice. The glass fleck does pop, however in my quick and dirty experiment with two coats it's not a "wall of shimmer," but a pretty blue and pink fleck array all over the nail. Delicate and very beautiful. More in a future post!

Final thought: the formula is really great. I love it, impressive.


Part two coming very soon!

Thank you for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D