Tuesday, December 31, 2013

WInter Manicures

Winter is very dry in these parts, especially when the temperature dips below zero (Fahrenheit, not Celsius).

Inspired by the languid flakes of a winter day and the foil-y goodness of a mid-century Modern aesthetic, I stamped my nails:


I had to use my favorite foil: Princessa's Martian Jade for at least one outing this year, hence the green.
I used a BM plate, from a set, and enjoyed the unknown stamping polish a well as a second layer of Sally Girl Periwinkle to make the shadow. The effect isn't quite what I'd hoped, but I chalk it up to a learning curve. Mine is long and steep when it comes to stamping.

Finally I topped it with China Glaze Fairy Dust.

Next up is Sally Girl alone and topped with China Glaze Fairy Dust.


I thought that it was only fair to give Sally Girl her own outing. Well done! I thought I might not enjoy this polish, but for being in the tiniest bottle with the tiniest brush it went on smoothly, and worked out to be a lovely polish!
Topped with China Glaze Fairy Dust, it really is a delicate blue.
Not sure if they have this color at Sally Beauty, but I rarely go their, and I am sure there is a dupe in the offing.

Happy New Year!

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D