Sunday, October 27, 2013

Bella Roma Scarlet, Borghese!

Who doesn't love a good red?

From a good wine to a great sunset, red just makes all the flavors of the experience work.

Borghese - long-gone-from-the-drugstore-Borghese I might add - still pops up into my hands with a polish from the old "untrieds".

Borghese Roma Scarlet is quite the gorgeous polish!

Let's get down to it:


Truly a fine combination of gilded shimmer and red.

The base is a surprisingly cool red, alone it would be knocking on magenta's door. The gold, just hustles it right back into the regular vivid warm to neutral red.

Three coats.

Borghese's formula here was a touch loose, clean up was a required.


There is something luminous about it, it reminds me of enamel jewelry. There is depth which really is quite nice.

Hard to fault this one. I do need to pull out its kindred and compare them. This is something I've been wanting to do.

I blogged Essie Love, Beverly Hills XX here.
It is a favorite of mine and similar cool base that warms up with the gold shimmer, although not quite so much.
I think we all go through the "red with a gold shimmer" phase, I might not have let mine go just yet!

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D