Friday, August 16, 2013

Faux Taboo and a Comparison

So, I didn't get Chanel Taboo. I felt that I have a lot of great polishes that I can combine to make something that will make me feel that shimmer.

Faux. As it were.
Here's my result:


How did this come about?

Well I was browsing my warm russet berry colors and saw a dupe:


Left: Color Club Dance to the Musique Slow Jam
Right: Haute Browns Black-ish

So, to my eye this is basically the same polish CC Slow Jam has no gold shimmer, however.


A pair of lovely mulberry polishes.
Hello bruddah!


Ok so after that I just decided to see how Color Club Slow Jam would look layered:


Three coats of CC Slow Jam.

A coat each of CND Sapphire Sparkle and CND Amethyst.



This is under diffused light.

Not sure if it's a match, I don't have the Chanel.

The main goal here was to emulate a polish using what I have rather than running out and grabbing a new color. I would next time use CND Crimson, it will pull out the red, which despite the base, doesn't really show up!

Not sure if this is a win. I see one thing when I look at photos of the bottle of Chanel Taboo and quite another when I see photos of it on the nail. Since I don't have it, it's hard to figure how close I actually am in this attempt!

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D