Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Laura Ingalls Wilder Has Something To Do With This

As tween (a word invented in my lifetime to create yet another marketing demographic rather than just calling kids what they actually are: children) we all poured through the Laura Ingalls Wilder books. I think I hit them around 3rd or 4th grade.

Every time I hit the portion where Mary and Laura had to use the "flat iron" to curl their hair, a device you actually had to heat on the stove, I read it as "flirtation" and kept thinking "what is going on?" then I finally would reread it and realize what was going on. It still sticks with me today when I read these words together.

NYC Flat Iron Green brought it all back to me.

A vamp of a green it is, too.



Unlike yesterday's Edude House GR607, which cheerfully says "Why yes! Now that you mention it, I am green!" this one says "yeah, I'm green, what's it to you?"
It's not jelly-ish, so I don't know if it would work into a jelly. I keep repeating myself that SC Last Chance has chops for that category.

Three necessary coats.
A little sloppy on the formula, too.

It's a warm green, and turns black in most lighting.

Easily obtainable at any Dollar Tree that is carrying shelf pulls of NYC, apparently it's not still at the drug stores, but I am not visiting them as often as I used to, so I can't really speak to what is up with NYC these days. I bet it's on eBay, too.

Thanks for reading my flirtation nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D