Thursday, November 29, 2012

Maybelline Taupe'd Off

I've had Maybelline Matte Stone around for a while:


It is shown here with no top coat and three coats.
I will admit it's kind of muted like a taupe, but I must have gotten it after I did my taupe comparison, because for some reason it wasn't in that batch.
I'd call it more of a clay color.
In any event, it's not self leveling, in need of thinning and for some reason even caused a divit on the ring finger. I should have redone it, but I didn't.
Eep.

I pulled out NYC's Molten Metal, I blogged it here, and popped it over the taupe, er top.


The base is very similar and so the pretty silver remains! Nice!

I think I put on a couple of coats. It's pretty alone, too, but works nicely with the taupe/clay/light brown shades.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, I forgot that I have molten metal. I need to start wearing my older polishes more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's kind of a great little color.
      :D
      Thanks for posting!!!

      Delete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D