Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Be Taupe II

I did a comparison of Taupe Metal, by Sally Hansen, and New York Color's Molten Metal.

Pinkie and Pointer: Taupe Metal
Index and Ring: Molten Metal





Battle of the Dollar Store Nail Polish!

Actually, the Molten Metal is a silvery small shimmer or glitter particle in a brownish orange (sherry colored) jelly base, that is where the darker portion comes from, whereas Taupe Metal is a couple of variations of flake color to achieve the metallic, nearly foil, finish.

So they are truly two different animal. However, Molten Metal has a lot of texture just looking at it, as the particles are larger.

All are three coats, the Sally Hansen has some more wear and tear on it, this is day 3. They are pretty nice on their own, but have that similarity thing going on.

I did a comp of all the taupes that I own. Not helpful so much for you online shoppers, but it's an interesting mix of salon, dollar tree, and drug store polishes!

I will do the bronze/warm metal comp soon, too.

It's summer, though, and I kind of only feel like shiny things!

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

2 comments:

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D