Sunday, August 19, 2012

It's the Finish, Not the End

I have about a dozen of these rose shades, but when OPI released Gouda Gouda Two Shoes, I bought it largely because of the finish.


A tasty pinkish rose mauve that in some light goes really kind of somber.

It's been called a "grandma color" (news flash, ageism is or should be dead by now), but, really, it's a gentle color.

Had this been released as a shimmer, a perle, or (gasp) a frost, it would NEED to be released by Illamasqua to get any legit purchase in the cool factor marketplace of ideas.
But it's toting around those golden glass fleck shimmer particles and it can talk smack right next to it's Holland Collex bretheren (sisteren?)


Sweet! (excuse the application error!)

What it really looks like in the sun:


A little bit more demure than the close-up indicates.

Here it is in the shade:


To me this is an "office OK" kind of polish. Neutral and conservative.


The exciting thing for me is that the finish re-ignites excitement around colors that get cast aside. Brands can re-invent dated finishes by bringing out macabre connotations from the biological world.

Oh. BTW, three coats, easy formula, etc.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D