Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Metal Combo

I've blogged about Sally Hansen Taupe Metal in the past, it's a great polish.

I wanted to try some glitz over the top and broke out Revlon Belle.

Belle is from Revlon's two-sets that had a solid color and then a glitter finish.

The glitter, however is, in my opinion scant. Great if all you want is that effect, but not really much fun when you want to build coverage.

Here is SH Taupe Metal with one coat of Revlon Belle:


Gah!

So.....five coats later....


Hello Thickness, my old friend.

Since Revlon designed these as top coats, they dry pretty fast and dry with a glossy finish, which helps since 5 coats is normally on the Dante Joy Ride Through Hell in dry time for me.


I am not 100% sure I enjoyed this manicure, either. Not sure if the cool glitter and the warm base fought each other. Could be that foils have a life of their own and don't need glitter. Could be that I was so fed up with the Revlon by this time I just wasn't having any of it!

Wore pretty well, but then I rarely get issues with glitter peeling off or pulling away.

Thanks for reading my nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D