Thursday, July 5, 2012

When a Bad Goes Good

When I ordered some bottles of Guppy nail polish off of ebay the package arrived with the unmistakable stink of broken nail polish.

Ugh.

Working with the seller to get a refund entailed a big hassle because he was, basically, a dick and I had to go through Paypal to get a refund on the broken bottles.

I won't go into a diatribe about shipping nail polish, because I've had great luck with it in general. And I use a lot of mail order to get polish. I can't really complain.

The experience left me with a "meh" feeling toward the brand and I couldn't even blog about it with pleasure or worse a suggestion of where to find it!

Then I started to realize that it's been in my untrieds for too darn long.

Here is Guppy no name in a peacock blue:


This is with no topcoat and I am not sure why there are bubbles. You can see the shmutz on the bottle from my cleanup attempt - solvents ate at the cap partially.

Two coats, a soft shimmer, a bit of brushstroke issue however the formula is pretty great: dries fast, easy to use and not so smelly as I'd thought.

Reminds me of "Swimsuit...Nailed It" but in a more muted way. And of course, different finish.

If there is a name on the bottle, I can't seem to find it, here's the back:


I will be swatching the other Guppy's I have, too.

I've seen these on eBay as "Cuddy", too, because of the font choice by the company.

Now that eBay has beefed up their buyer guarantees, I will probably look into some other colors. I admit I feel bad that I didn't re-swatch this one to show it in all its glory.

Because it only took two coats, I think it might be a candidate for stamping, too. I think it would look fabulous over a light blue or a pastel turquoise.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh that's such a pretty blue! Love it - so sorry you had a hassle getting a refund. I just don't understand why some sellers seem to go to such lengths to drive away their customers *shakes head sadly*

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D