Sunday, May 6, 2012

Glittering Particles of Joy Joy

Orly's Emberstone is quite a nice polish.
This whole "enlargement of the shimmer particle" as enhanced by what I am guessing are polymers versus just pigments and carriers, takes shimmer up a notch.

I think even if I have a color, I probably am such a sucker for the newer finishes it just doesn't matter, I'll repurchase it. Sometimes I like to layer better, but there are times when I just want a polish!

Here is a one of a kind for me. Emberstone. Just wonderfulness in one bottle.



Here it is three coats and it tends to want to go orange in some angles and red in others, though it isn't a duochrome at all. It's chock-a-block full of dancing particles of red and orange and even some purple, I think they are a little bit multicolored, though I would not call them holographic, just reflecting many colors.
What a nice color!
Faultless application, except for my handiwork!
A little translucent, meaning the base is a jelly and the fleck-filled rest of it will leave visible nail line.

I next tried Sally Hansen Perfect Cherry:



Why? Two reasons, Orly's Emberstone has some "top coat vibe" going on and I wanted to see how it worked, secondly, I wanted to swatch this one for a while. It's a perfect neutral poppin' red. I hate to say it, but I almost got rid of it. It's a bit of a jelly, but not quite. Sooooo glossy. Three coats here and I love this color.


The result:


As I suspected the jelly base becomes invisible ad the glass fleck pops out very dimensionally and you can see the red/orange/pink playing together to evoke, well, embers!
The pink in the middle and right fingers are my camera reflecting, but there are other pinkish reds in the mix.

I love this polish.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D