Thursday, March 15, 2012

Green Jelly Franken

Almost!

A few weeks back I finally did the SinfulColors' Holiday 2011 collection. A number of great shimmers and one deeply greeniful green called Last Chance.

I mentioned frankening it into a jelly so I added about 1/4 of a bottle of Last Chance to about 1/2 a bottle of some clear polish.

I pulled out Illmasqua Rampage, because it was the closest thing I have to that kind of jelly dark green and you can see the similarities and the differences.


Illamasqua Rampage is on top with two coats, my Last Chance Franken is on the bottom with three coats.
You can see that Last Chance is a touch more yellow and perhaps three coats is too much, because as I look at the photos, I see that it is less jelly than I'd hoped and still rather dense.

Another side by side comparison:


Left to right:

  • Franken
  • Rampage
  • Franken
  • Rampage


Here you can see the franken is a bit more translucent, and a bit more light/yellow than Rampage.

Still, a worthy polish to franken a dark green jelly, that's for certain!

Thanks for reading my nail polish journal!

2 comments:

  1. I like your franken more! So lovely! I have got to franken a jelly green like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey LL! Thank you!!!!
    I appreciate your thoughts!

    I think the SC is so perfect for frankening, I might take it and use it on another idea of mine.
    :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D