Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Defiance

Yes, I defy you to name the difference between these dupes:












Another round of the MAC Venomous Villain's dupes. Neither are MAC, judging by the photos that I've seen on the bloggers that do new products, this is the best of the three.

Which one though is Hard Candy's Beetle and which one is Orly's Space Cadet?

I defy you to actually see a difference, I don't.

What we have is:


So from left to right on the nails:
Orly Space Cadet
Hard Candy Beetle
Orly Space Cadet
Hard Candy Beetle

This must have been a fail-proof bit of an ingredient, because it really does just kick ass and take names.
I love Space Cadet, I paid $7 plus shipping, making it near about $9 a bottle. Hard Candy was on sale for $4, so that boils down to Hard Candy being a tiny bit cheaper. 

Formula wise? I really can not discern a massive difference at all. I'd love to be able to say one is far better than the other, but sometimes formula can be a personal chemistry thing. In general, they are super similar.
Accessibility might be the governing issue, plus if you only need 10mL of a nail polish versus 18mL, then you might find it just as easy to grab a bottle at Walmart! 

Thus ends my half-baked attempt at dupes of MAC Venomous Villains! :D

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh great comparison! I'm glad that I have Beetle, now I just have to use it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!
    Beetle is awesome!
    I am so glad they are really great dupes, no feeling like you have to have one or, worse, both!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color so much! Foil duochrome?? Almost too much to handle! I have Beetle but need to pick up Space Cadet because .35 oz is not enough to satisfy! If there was a way to do it, I would paint my car this color. :O

    And I just thought of something, flakes made with this pigment would be awesome. :O *tries to calm down* haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it it so much the win out of all the cosmic effects!
    Omg...flakies over this! I might faint!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D