Friday, March 25, 2011

Chrome Green

Good old Pure Ice by Bari!

It's about $2 a bottle at Walmartland, last I looked, it may have gone up.

I was out of town in Missoula Montana when I picked up this one (my Walmartland seems to not get new Pure Ice, which is a bummer).

This one is called First Time.


Please forgive the lint. This is a very unforgiving polish to a hit-or-miss-applicator like myself. It shows not only lint from my linty polish removal cloths, but my not-so-straight application. So, again, please accept my apologies on this one. No cleanup here, either. For some reason, getting a halfway decent gap, and maybe too much of one, is the only thing I seem to grasp halfway decently.

It is, though so beautiful. When I first got it, I thought it was a sage, but it's really a pretty dusty mint. Perhaps, on further examination, it is more like a pastel pine green. That, perhaps is more helpful than the broad brush of "mint" in describing this color.


It is pretty nice as a chrome, though I think all of them tend to show a bit of brush stroke, at least the ones I have seen.


The oddest, and perhaps coolest, thing about this polish is that it when I first got the bottle at the store, I thought it was a metallic shimmer, but when I shook the bottle it all smoothed out into a mirror-like texture in the bottle. Wow!

I feel that with careful application you can reduce the brushstrokes, though I doubt remove them, you can get a really nice chrome.

Application was very nice, it dried fast and wore well, too.

Thank you for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D