Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tinting a Metallic

I have been trying to figure out ways to use the Maybelline and L'Oreal tinted polishes for a while now. Back in December I posted about how the orange one seemed to be very ineffective, but I've had good luck with Violet Water (Maybelline) here is an example.

Now Emerald Water, also Maybelline, makes a debut:


This is three coats of Sally Hansen Celeb City (two would have been fine) and two coats of Maybelline Emerald Water. Water polishes are those which are too thin to be a jelly, but have too much pigment to be a plain old top coat.

It is actually a little more on the aqua side of things, but they call it emerald and the foily goodness of the silver comes through.

A bit of a closeup:


The texture of the base makes it look like a pretty aqua foil.

I have a feeling that these water polishes might be the golden ticket in a syrup manicure. We shall see!!

In the realm of layering these are nice to have in the tool box.

Thank you for reading my little nail polish journal!!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice layering! My Emerald Water has gone blue, too--don't know if it was always that way when they were released originally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good point!
    Blue pigment is so strong, tou have to wonder where the green went!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I never even thought of using my "Waters" over a metallic - great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D