Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Holo Moment

Give me shimmer any day, but my holos are on a pedestal. I carefully, patiently hunted down every single Kaleidoscope, OMG, Gosh, and am still hoping a Chanel gets on my paws, and will one day own all Nfu Oh has to offer in that arena. Why? Because it's there!

I've had this WetnWild for a while. It's called Wild Orchid.



Of late, if you've noticed, I've taken a lot of photos under a pair of color corrected lamps. They are great for color, but they don't make holo's shine like they should.
To me, holographic polishes look amazing in the sunshine and, ironically, low light - but the latter is hard to capture on my camera.

This is a pretty close match. Most of the time it purples tend to pull blue, but this one works and isn't too blue.

Full win on application, etc.

So, for that holo moment that you can glance down, see the dancing rainbows subtly on your fingertips, you must admit that there is something so cool and fun about it.

Excuse the dry cuticles! I forgot to put lotion on!!

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this on you. I just swapped my bottle away because I'm now more gaga over my three franken versions of purple with holo glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!

    The awesome things about frankens is the ability to tweak the holo! Coolness!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D