Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Summer Candy

I sometimes think I need "Blogging For Dummies" or something like that. I recently sent a lady some sets she bought from me, as well as a pile of freebies. I admit most freebies were polishes I wouldn't wear, but some were things now I think "dawg, what was I thinking???"
I just saw that she has a new blog. Hell, it's not just a blog it's a multi-media extravaganza with additional pages, music, blogroll, etc. By comparison my blog looks like I build it with Tinker toys. (I actually loved my tinker toys as a kid, I think they helped me with Organic Chemistry and spacial relationships of functional groups, chirality and bond angles)
So thank you to those who bear with my blog basics and pretty terrible cuticles.

On a brighter note, and gosh, that was a total downer to start an entry out, wasn't it? Here is a Spring 2010 Essie nail polish Van D'go. I know there are a dozen blogs with the photo, it's a creme with a strong apricot color, in some darker tungsten light it looks almost orange. People have been complaining about it on the nail message board. I confess that application is frustrating: thick, streaky and hard to work with. The second coat I just admist I junked heavily on because it was being such a TOTAL BUTT!
However, Essie does one thing for me that other polishes don't do: DRIES LIKE A DREAM!!! TOTALLLY!!! Excuse my shouting, but I am forever nursing old Sally Hansen polishes into a decent lifespan (longer than the 10 minutes it takes me to put my top coat and drying drops away after I think my nails are dry). This polish just dried, and voila! Happiness!
I wore it for a day before it snagged it and got a chip.
So I grabbed a top coat for layering. I used WetnWild Rock Solid's Pretty in Pink. This is more of an apricot than a pink, by any stretch of the imagination.
It also made the polish darker and a lot more orange! Never mind the micro flakey glitter particles! Yes!

Here's a closeup:

I need to figure out why my photos look flatter in the area of color when I edit and upload.

Otherwise, love that topcoat! Quick to dry and adds a lovely element to the Essie. I also have to give a big hand to Essie, even though application was hard, and I snagged it and chipped a bit, I definitely have to say that drying time is a huge selling point for me....indeedy!!!

Thanks for reading my whiney little journal today!!! Sorry for the gripefest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D