Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Misa Spark My Interest Collection Part 1

This collection, by Misa, came out back in 2010. One of those odd-but-great collections that Misa can put together.

It's a very cool toned, lovely set of six shimmers that are just beautiful.

Here is a row of the bottles:


Before I start the swatches I need to say a few things.

I purchased the beautiful purple Date Nights to The Twilight and loved it so much, formula-wise, I thought I'd better grab the rest of the collection.
I purchased mine at Transdesign a while ago, so this swatch has been waiting for so long, too long, really.

All are three coats, all are without top coats. Two coats would have been perfectly fine.

Caveat: I love these polishes. I won't pick on them much at all.

Finally, the titles are almost like a funny poem that someone came up with then broke up into a bunch of titles:

Red pumps at Nordstrom's, spark my heart, that's a start,
Wink
Blink
Let's get a drink
Date nights to the twilight
Pink Bling on my ring
Glitz
Glamour
Smile for the camera

Do you see the story with a "happily ever after" ending?

Okay, maybe I'm reaching.

On to the swatches....




Misa Glitz, Glamour Smile For The Camera


Delightful red violet purple that is almost pushing into the fuchsia realm.
The shimmer has a metallic quality, but not so much that it feels like a foil.




Pink Bling On My Ring


Rich, hot pink that dips into the magenta around the edges. Gawgeous!




Date Nights To The Twilight


Gorgeous purple that's really just perfection. A touch blue here, but the right metallic luminous shimmer that makes me love it.





Red Pumps At Nordstrom's


Gorgeous red, pure red, not too cool, but definitely not warm at all. Metallic shimmer perfection!




Wink, Blink, Let's Get A Drink


Cool magenta that dips into the red around the edges. Possibly my favorite.




Spark My Heart That's A Start


A pink that makes a nod at coral, but remains very bright and fresh.



In a nutshell, if you don't already have these shades in your collection, these are pretty stellar. Even if you do, you may want to consider these as top notch formulation in comparison to most. I'm trying to think of shimmers that compare and many fall short.

If I gave a rating system, I'd give these a 5 out of 5. Quite a gorgeous collection, full of so many jeweltone shades and so vibrant.

Part two coming soon: comparisons between the pinks and stamping tests.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!







Part two will include comparisons and stamping tests.
Sneak Preview: these are a treat to stamp with!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you're reaching at all! It has a rhyme structure that's pretty consistent, so somebody was definitely thinking that way at Misa!

    These are beautiful and I'd never paid attention to them before, so thank you for posting about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome!

    I just feel like it's a great little collection that mosts bloggers felt was too self dupe-y.

    I agree, most poetic!

    :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D