Friday, January 9, 2015

Feeling Passionate About Maybelline

Yet another Dollar Tree find, and I really wasn't sure about it, but thought I'd add it to the gigantic purple/blurple/blue collection I've amassed. Ah what the hay!

Passionate Plum - a Limited Edition Color Show polish by Maybelline:


Here are three coats, no top coat.

This dried very well, was extremely glossy and handled easily, no cleanup. Three coats means I've glunked something somewhere. Nothing. Niiiiice!

Other bonus is that it's similar to things like Color Club Electronica, but not quite so dark. 

I did try to stamp with it, but it's too sheer in the first coat, and consequently the stamp really just looked dark gray/blue with some blue/red shimmers in it. The minutiae of trying to make that work over black seems like something I should try out in the future. 


Here's another photo:


This really went on like a top salon polish. Quite a nice find. 

Only 7 mL, though.

I have mixed feelings about such a small bottle. I get that in the current popularity of polish more people are buying more colors and don't want to be saddled with polishes they don't use, but gosh, such a nice polish, I hate to run out! (I guess I'm saddling up for a backup...hehe)

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D