Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Glistening Blue Foil

China Glaze Blue Island Ice Tea is a beautiful light blue foil.

Shimmery, glitter, metallic, and eye catching. More like glinting sun on ocean waves.



Three coats, a bit slow to dry, but once dry the quick-dry top coat I used cause a bit of shrinkage. Note to self. This is actually not a metal foil but a "glassy particle" type of foil.

I then added an accent finger of Glitter Gal's Holographic Blue 706


Smaller bottles, but so packed with holo tastiness that it boggles the mind when it hits the sunshine!

Soothing and beautiful, blues and holo blues work for me.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

8 comments:

  1. It's like ice! So it's both a foil and a holo...oh no I now HAVE to find that (both are my fave polishes!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need that Glitter Gal--so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KD, you neeeeeed it!!! :D

    SC, I think BIIT is pretty easy to find! I think if you look on Scrangie and Polish Addict's old blog you will see just how awesome this whole collection of blues really is.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like SH Dive Deeper, except the SH is probably sheerer? I love glass flecks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is much nicer than DD, which is sheer and not a foil. I will do a comp!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I got DD but have been trying to decide what to layer it over, because you can just tell it's sheer just by looking at it. The one periwinkle I've been lemming is Zoya Jo, I know I haven't seen it here but wonder if you have that one in your untrieds?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately I don't have Jo! I think it's on my "to get" list, but so far down the pike, plus, I've been slowing down on Zoya, I have sooooo many to swatch!
    :D
    I think I layer Dive Deeper over a nude, but perhaps even a baby blue like Take Me To Your Chateau.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been thinking, Sea and Be Seen is closer to the color of the China Glaze, Dive Deeper is a pretty pale blue.

    I'll get pix up soon!
    :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D