Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sally Hansen Shimmer Frost Glitters Pt I of II

I found these at the Dollar Tree, and they are a strange combination of sheer frost, or shimmer, with silver glitter.
I mean: who the heck came up with this crazy combo? Hey! Let's take sheers and add shimmer (OK!) and call it a frost! Wait! Let's add GLITTER!!

These are so sheer! I had to use at least 4 coats, often 5, and still could see my nail through them. Worse, my nails are stained, so it just compounds on itself: sheer, shimmer, glitter, stained nails...argh!

I guess that these fall into the category of top coat. Or "affects" kind of coat.

Overall it's a bit slow to dry, and I did kind of rush between coats, although they were dry to the touch, still I got a lot of drag, or bald spots, when I added a new coat.

So, here we go! These photos were taken outside in late afternoon light.


Hi Society Frost
Mauve-ish Pink. So sheer! A little bit of iridescence. This might have been only three coats, when I was optimistic about coverage of these.



Blue Chip Frost
Pretty aquamarine blue. Five coats here and did this horrible balding in middle.
Pretty good coverage, save the balding (I guess that cancels out the good coverage!). I used Borghese Magnetico, which as been a very good soldier of a base coat, I hate to blame the base coat, but it could be a factor. I somehow doubt it!



Fil-a-Greed Frost
Gold shimmer. Decent coverage with 5 coats, less balding. I feel that this one really works. Huzzah!



Quicksilver Frost
Silvery gray shimmer. Coverage wasn't bad, I dinged my finger so there is a smudge.
Not bad. I also think this one works, too. Also, a bit of the same iridescence we saw with the mauve above.




I'm still not so sure about the glitter and the sheer shimmer combined. I wish I could filter out the glitter. Later I'll try them as a top coat. And I've still got to do part two of this little batch.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D