Monday, March 1, 2010

Go Air Yer Bra! Er....It's March!

And what does March mean?

Well for those of us who love green nail polish, it means we can unabashedly wear green polish with no excuses.

Today I am trying yet one of umpteen untrieds. I found this in a batch of Sally Hansen polishes at Ross. It's a light olive green, really almost celery green in the sunshine.

Two coats, a little visible nail line, and it was good to go. A fast drying old Sally Hansen. How about that!?! This reminds me of my other two favorite polishes: OPI Megawatt!?! and Princessa Martian Jade.
I love these colors: golden greenish yellow. This photo makes my skin look a little red, but is a splashy green to start off the Nail Polish Hoarder's March Madness.

I hope to do at least three or four greens a week. I might even swatch a pile, though I hate to make pie crust promises. Easily made, easily broken! There is no doubt in my mind that the next two weeks in school will be long and arduous.
Here is the photo:



A pretty metallic frost!


As an aside: I actually wore the BonBons/Glitter layering combo polish for 8 days. There was a bit of wear on the pinkie from typing and there was a minor chip on the thumb. I really felt that for a cheap-o Walmartland nail polish it sure did hold up! I will say that with the foil method of removal, it wasn't too long to remove, it just took a bit of time for the acetone to get down into about 12-14 coats (by the time I was done layering 2 more coats of Sinful Paris, LDL glitter, and another topcoat it was thick).
it was quite the tough layer, even though it was super thick.

Oh, aside number two: I often go into the DT to check out any and all possibilities. I saw new stock of "beauty and health" being set out and asked the lady if there was any nail polish. She said the previous week there had been a big shipment, but some lady had come in and bought it all out!!! Man! So, someone in my tiny burg is doing polish hoarding!!! Of course a LOT of those packages had top coats, bases, and growth base coats. All Salley Hansen's, too. Ah well!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D