Wednesday, February 24, 2010

BonBons + Cover Girl "Crystal Mist" = More Layering Fun!

I found this kind of vaguely purple royal blue at Walmart. It photographs bluer than it is, but really only a tiny smidge more so, it is very royal blue, indeed!

These are in bins and are tiny little bottles, like candy store bins. Perfect for little kids, as they are only a dollar a bottle. I think, and I have not done a comparison on the nail as of yet, that this is very similar to China Glaze Tempest. 

 
This is three coats and some tip wear from about one day's wear.
So then I wanted to top it off with something, so I grabbed Cover Girl's "Crystal Mist" which is a now-discontinued top coat that they put out. I found it for 75% off, it showed up green on the little plastic sample display they had. It is a little milky and yellow/greenish, but only faintly.

Here's an "ingredients" shot:

(I like the Sally Hansen, it's pretty good for showing up color very well. )


I put on about 3 layers of the Crystal Mist, it's not a dense glitter at all. Fortunately it dried very quickly! Quick layer count:
Base coat  1
Polish        3
Top coat    1 (because I wore if for a day, not planning this layer)
CG TC      3
TC            1
___________
coats NINE!?!?!?!?

oops!


Here are the results!!!
(bask in the bling!)

 


  


  




Below is a shot in less sunshine to see the actual array of glitter. I was outside and these are all taken on iPhone, which is turning out to be easier to use and manages to capture things pretty well.





Thanks for reading!

p.s. Welcome new follower! :D


p.p.s. I also layered Sinful Paris over it, so it really does kind of look like "faux Absolutely Alice" from OPI. I have so many polishes, I figure I should just layer and use them to get the affect I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D